Today I spent a a lot of time slowly painting bits on the Chimera. The slowly part came mainly from the fact I was with the lads yakking and watching videos while painting.
I started with a black wash over all the hull lines followed by some gunmetal metallic on the chips and scratch's. Followed by painting up the commander in the top hatch and a few details. It took a couple of goes to get the laser blast hole in the hull to look good, but I think it came out looking good in the end. I then got stuck in and spent a bit of time playing around with Vallejo Pigments that arrived in the mail the other day. Glorious mud. After experimenting with them a bit, it didn’t take long to get the hang of using them. I found this link that helped a lot. http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/blog/category/pigments/ . Finally I did an overcoat of Mona Matt finish to bring the shin back down and to help cement in the pigments.
A little more detail work on the commander and then finish off the main turret weapons and she will be all done. I’m really happy with the mud look, think a few more pigment colours may be in order to really get it looking awesome. Overall the pigments rock.