I got stuck into some more of my Battletech miniatures today. After a little bit of shopping around, I found cheap tool set of 2 telescopic tools in the Auto accessories isle in the hardware store, all of $9.50. So after 5 minutes of pulling them apart, they were ready to mount. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be, as the metal is magnetic, all I need to do was glue on a magnet onto the fighter. I quickly found that at full height it was rather wobbly, so I just added a couple of heavy washers to the base. Once the glues dry, a bit of Polly filler and paint on the base will be done. Not that we have used the Aerospace rules yet, but I’m hoping that the ability to change the fighters heights will make the game much easier to and nicer to play.
Then I tried out my first Elementals. Rather tiny little guys, you need to be super careful cleaning these guys up, I broke off three arms in the process. And at about 10mm high the arms an’t going back on. They are still lacking punch at the moment, I’m going to try painting in there visor and see how that goes.
Here’s a few pictures from my iPhone of the game we played yesterday, so they aren’t great. We played a three way game with 4 Mech’s each. In the future I don’t think we will do this again as it just made the game to unbalanced. I think we will just stick to 2 sides games.