Mod Podge Queen

So my second attempt at using Mod Podge Matte-Mat-Mate as an image transfer to the Lino worked out quite well. The image transferred really well and leaving it for 24 hrs to fully dry before using water and rubbing away the paper seemed to work the best. Just have to take it slowly and not get it to wet gave the best results.

The one issue I did have is with a small detailed 100mm x100mm square was the thin coating of Mod Podge with the image in it, started lifting as I carved, making it rather difficult to see the patterns and lines so I ended up guessing where I was going in some cases. Once I carved out the main image I just removed the pealing mod podge and free handed the rest. The end result came out rather well. 

I also did a bunch of paper tests of different cheap papers I have at the moment and a couple of specific way more expensive printing papers on my Mangle press. I then tested some of my home made paper and quickly found I have to prime my paper first as the surface becomes to sticky and parts tend to lift as you remove the paper from the printing block. All a fun learning curve



Comments

Popular Posts