Paint Rack for AK, Army Painter and Vallejo dropper paints

 With the addition of AK paints to my collection I found that storage has become an issue, since my existing storage rack didn’t fit them, thanks to the large cap on the AK bottles. After a bit of searching around online there wasn’t a lot of options, so I started designing my own to take all three brand that I use, Army Painter, Vallejo and AK paints. After printing off a few squares with different diameters I figured out the best diameter for the front and back support. Did a couple of test prints of a holder for one bottle then used the scale to a whole row of 10.  Still needs a little adjustment as I keep forgetting about the PLA expansion and end up sanding parts back a bit to make them fit. Overall, I’m happy with the diameters and the slight drop from front to back to help keep the paints in the rack for when you bump the desk etc. Last thing I need is paints falling onto freshly painted resin miniatures. So one more test print before I expand out to printing a rack of for 50 paints.


Paint Rack for AK, Army Painter and Vallejo
Front View

Paint Rack for AK, Army Painter and Vallejo
Back View

Paint Rack for AK, Army Painter and Vallejo
Clos up of Front and back 


Comments

Popular Posts