21 October 2010

McBain and the Merc’s

It’s been another busy night, putting my Merc’s together. I went all out and pined everything, a bit of a mission but I know I wont regret it. Then got stuck into the green stuff and started making up there bases on them. I’m slowly getting better with the green stuff. I probably could do with more than the one tool. Ended up using a paper click and my files to get some different textures going. (they worked quite well)Mercs

Merc_Devil_dogs Mercs_Drake_McBain Mercs_Mangler

So I’ll get to run my Merc’s on Saturday for the first time against my brother, as I teach him the basics in his first game. I did my usual and got models I like the look of so it will be interesting to see how they play together. So here’s the list I have so far, 19 points.

Drake McBain
Mangler
Talon
Caption Sam MacHorne and the Devil Dogs (Min Unit)
Gorman Di Wulfe
Rutger Shaw
Taryn Di La Rovissi
Doc Killingsworth

So I’ll put them up against my Cryx 19 points, which Mike will use since I know them well enough to teach Mike as I learn what the Merc’s can do.

Iron Lich Lord Asphyxious
Cankerworm
Nightwretch
Slayer
Bile Thralls (Min Unit)
Black Ogrun Boarder Party (Min Unit)
Necrotech and Scrap Thrall

I’ve also been chipping away at my terrain over the day, while waiting for the things to happen at work. I took to the walkways/hills with course sand and PVA glue to texture up the sides. Then went onto the over bridges/walkways and used Polly filler around the columns to create rock effects, along with putting in some actual rocks and bark.

terrain terrain1

View article...

No comments:

Post a Comment