27 October 2013

Ship’s, Penguin’s and Plane’s

Wahoo, Labour Day Monday, I get a nice four day weekend thanks to taking Friday off and also having Labour day on Monday. Friday I went out in not so great weather to watch the Tail Ships regatta come into Auckland harbour. Due to the weather they came in under motor so the photos were pretty boring.

 139

But I did get to see a young Blue penguin up close as he looked for somewhere to shelter from the incoming weather. You can still see his baby feathers in behind his head. It’s a very rare sit indeed to see them this close.

043

I dropped in to see the lads at the Flamescon tournament today as well and snapped a few pictures of the dioramas. Lee’s diorama was pretty awesome with the attack on the train.

FlamesCon-2013-001 FlamesCon-2013-004

FlamesCon-2013-003

  Steve’s diorama was a classic piss-take and really well done Indian theme. Wish I had taken a few more photos, but the old brain just wasn't in it today.

FlamesCon-2013-010

On the modelling side of things I’ve been working ever so slowly on my buildings and terrain for the Mob War’s once again. I’m almost finished all six of the buildings including all the interiors. A little more detail work and they will be ready for gaming next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment