15 January 2021

Star Wars Legion AT-ST build - continued...

 After a day's drying of the base coat to allow the enamel to fully harden, I then coated the whole model with AK Worn Effects fluid using the air brush.

 Once dried I then applied the base colours for the desert camo using Vallejo paints and my air brush. Khaki for the under belly and shaded areas., then Golden Brown for the light areas. Then finally Iraqui Sand for the camo strips.




Once dry, I then used a hard bristle brush and started working out the chipping away the paint with water. The AK Worn effect fluid doing it thing and making it real easy to chip up. I had forgotten how good this stuff works.

When I was satisfied I had enough chipping on the paint work, I ran a gloss varnish over the whole model to seal it all together and to prep for the pin washing. Hardest part of that was knowing when to stop, chipping. its way to easy to over do it.

So for the pin wash I used a bunch of different AK products,

AK Dark Wash
AK Fuel Stains
AK Engine Oil
AK Light Rush wash
AK Damp Earth

Let it dry and then do a clean up and adjust the parts that ended up with too much wash or build up.

Matt coat the entire model to seal it together.


No comments:

Post a Comment