24 April 2024

Resin Water


After the success with the AK concreate, I had picked up an odd offcut of a bit of Kōwhai from my Dad that I thought would make a cool base for something. So got some two-part Water Resin from AK to give it a go. Learnt the hard way that you need to make sure the thing is really well sealed your poring into. Ended up have some resin spill out the side though one of the nots in the wood. Nothing major but a bit more to clean up.

Kōwhai wood base  Kōwhai wood base
Dropped a few small leaves into the resin as I was doing pouring, could have added a few more, but may end up adding some on top once Lechy is painted and mounted.
Kōwhai wood base with resin

I've printed up Lechy to go onto this base once finished.
Just started air brushing his base colours.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-lechy-345917




No comments:

Post a Comment