10 March 2013

Club Day

Another cracking warm blue sky day bought about the South Auckland club day yesterday. With several new people turning up we had 5 tables going along with several people watching and learning new games. Bolt Action, Merc’s, X-wing and Field of Glory Ancients being played.

I’ve started painting my Egyptians again over the week, to actually try and get them finished before I move onto my Samurai army. So Mark and I played a 600 point game, with his Carthaginian up against my New Kingdom Egyptians. I’m starting to get the hang of the Light Chariots, and with a heavily Bow based list I really managed to dent Mark’s Carthaginians. My Nubian light foot superior bow troops are really working well for me, also helps when you roll like a demon.

South-Auckland-Club-Day-002South-Auckland-Club-Day-003

After lots and lots of shooting from me, Mark finally caught me and managed to break my army wining 9 points to 8. So a close game.

South-Auckland-Club-Day-004

The second game I played Christian with his beautifully painted army of Carthaginian. It’s Christians 6th game, so he made a few mistakes on deployment, but he’s definitely getting better sine I played him at battlecry.

South-Auckland-Club-Day-005South-Auckland-Club-Day-006

With a lots of terrain on my side I was always going to have a hard time with the Light Chariots running out of space to evade into.

South-Auckland-Club-Day-007South-Auckland-Club-Day-008South-Auckland-Club-Day-009South-Auckland-Club-Day-010

My shooting wasn’t as near as good as the first game, but my basic plan of holding my Medium foot troops well back and have the chariots shoot up the enemy seems to be working well for me now. I just need to make sure I leave more room for the Light Chariots evade moves in future.

South-Auckland-Club-Day-014South-Auckland-Club-Day-015South-Auckland-Club-Day-018South-Auckland-Club-Day-016

I managed to outflank Christian on both flanks but got pushed right back to almost my own table edge. We rushed through the last couple of turns as we were running out of gaming time. So it wasn’t an ideal end to the game. And I think we made a few small mistakes because we were rushing, but I don’t think it would have changed the outcome too much. Christian had me pined and it was all or nothing, with numbers on my side I came out on top winning the game convincingly on points 10 10/0. It was a lot closer than the points show, as Christian only needed a couple of the dice rolls to go his way and it would have been a different story. The amazing thing about this game was the rallying, both sides doing a huge amount of rallying, which made for a longer than usual game.

So a win and a loss for my Egyptians in two fun games. Thinking of tweaking the list a little and trying some other troop choices in my next few games.

No comments:

Post a Comment