27 July 2014

Cuirassiers – Pike and Shotte

So after completing the assembly line of all my Pike and Shotte, and also having almost recovered fully from my cold and bronchitis I had a quite day at home painting.

Pike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord Games

So I started with my Cuirassiers as they were going to be pretty easy with all that Armour which was pretty much already done after my air brushing, just an ink wash over it. I’m sticking to my speed painting, not stopping to do all the details and just keep things simple. As I had run out of black undercoat the other day, I had used a brown that I had in the garage on the horses, which was a gloss finish, so all these horses are still a little glossy in places as I’m waiting for the PVA glue to dry on the grass. Then a matt varnish tomorrow, a few spots of static grass and the flag and they will be done.

Pike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord GamesPike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord Games


Pike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord GamesPike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord Games


Pike and Shotte Parliament Cuirassiers Warlord Games

As I was basing them I remembered I have a bunch of pigment powders in the draw, so I tried out mixing them in with my Polly filler for the dirt. It worked rather well. I like it so much i think I have found my new way of basing my models.

I’m really looking forward to the big Pike and Shotte game at the Club in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. They look good. I like the guy holding his pistol to use as a club. More importantly though, glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete