23 April 2020

Classic Battletech

Well On Sunday Mark and I got in our very first game of old school Battletech using Table Top Simulator. Mark had setup a classic BT board with some terrain and we each took three random mechs. With both of us using the Steam version it took a couple of turns for us to work out how to lock the sheets and counters down so things didn't go flying all over the place, but once we got that sorted it was very much like play a real tabletop game. Although I did miss roll the dice myself.
Tabletop Simulator


It took about an hour or so to get the hang of the navigation and moving around the camera view, but it wasn't painful or frustrating to learn.



Love being about to get down have have a real table top view.


Mark had also put in the full check sheets for the game, although I found it easier just to use my own printed onces.



We tried out the add on sheets for the damage, but in the end found that the good old style pens were actually better and made it feel much more like the old school game.


The first casualty of the game was my Black Hawk which Mark managed to get in a couple of critical hits in the second turn and take out both Gyro's which meant the Black hawk ate the dirt and wasnt able to move after that.
The rest of the was all out battle and I ended up losing as my luck ran out.







No comments:

Post a Comment