Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ancient Greeks

This weekend was a bit of a quite one after a rough week. Funeral and all that jazz.

I did manage to get some good work done on my Greeks. So I've now completed my first 10 man unit and got the next 30 ready to paint. I have some 150 in all at the moment, so a long way to go and that’s only about half of what I need for my Hail Caesar army. I started with a Warlord box of Classical Greek Phalanx, which were pretty easy to put together. The heads were a bit fiddly but nothing major and they are easy enough to paint without spending huge amounts of time on each one. 


I made a few mistakes in the process, but have worked out how best to get them together and painted. The shield transfers are easy enough, although I need to try out scoring the backs before I put them on the shields to get a smother edge finish. I managed to get one on upside down and completely mess up the leaders shield, which will need redoing at some point. I'm happy with them at this stage so will just move onto the new 30.







2 Add Comments: