21 February 2014

Steel Guard, Ninja’s and Ticket to Ride

Like the title, it’s a bit crazy, the week at work, seems like I haven't had a day off in months. Thankfully work wont take to much of my weekend. But I cant complain as I’ve only got a 2 day work week coming up then off to Melbourne for the air show. Can’t wait.

Anyway, at the end of the Battlecry tournament last week, the prizes were given out and next years tournament was discussed, with the plan is to go for another 600 point tournament but restrict it to a biblical theme. My Vikings or Egyptians don't make it into that period. (So .. oh bugger I need another army … twist that rubber army of mine.) As it would happen both the winners, Richard and Steven put up there vouchers they received as they didn't want them. As did Will with his best sports award. So I ended up getting them. (Thanks Guy’s, I definitely owe you lunch or something). So what army to go for, decisions , decisions. In the mean time I’ve started on my Samurai army for FOGR, and just finished up cleaning a bunch of Ninjas. Yes I know they don't belong in a Samurai army, but I just have to pop a few in the ranks for fun.

On the Dust side of things the boys dropped a large bit of coin on Dust models, thanks to Mighty Ape having a stall there and loads of stuff. Which means all my SSU Dust models I have will see some more action. Which is kinda nice, since I now own almost every model in the SSU. So this evening I busted out the airbrush and the Russian green paint and attacked the Steal Guard along with the Flames of War tanks I undercoated last week. So they are now well underway. I also throw together an army list of all my models and ended up having a game legal list, with only one model “Red Lighting” not in the list. Now this is a Russian force

Dust Warfare - Force Builder
Faction: SSU ( 974 / 1000 )

---  Heroes
Koshka Rudinova with Grand'ma (53)
Nikolaï (20)
Yakov (21)
Red Yana (22)

---  Red Platoon (273)
Command Section: "Red Command" Red Guards Command Squad (25)
1st Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)
2nd Section: "Red Storm" Red Guards Assault Squad (26)
3rd Section: IS-48 B "Lavrentiy Beria" (85)
4th Section: IS-5 A "Mao Zedong" (85)
Support: "Nadbludatyel" SSU Observer Team (8)
Support: "Hailstorm" SSU Heavy Mortar Team (24)

---  Political Platoon (180)
Command Section: "The Drakoni" Commissar Squad (25)
1st Section: "Chinese Volunteers" SSU Auxiliary Attack Squad (15)
2nd Section: "Ohotniki" SSU Rifle Squad (20)
3rd Section: "Ohotniki" SSU Rifle Squad (20)
Support: KV47-B "Natasha" (40)
Support: BR 47-100 "Red Fury" (20)
Support: MIL MI-45 Airborne Transport (40)

---  Defense Platoon (80)
Command Section: "The Medvedi" SSU Command Squad (25)
1st Section: "Frontoviki" SSU Battle Squad (20)
2nd Section: "Fakyeli" SSU Close Combat Squad (21)
Support: "Jnetzi" SSU Sniper Team (14)

---  Steel Guards Platoon (325)
Command Section: "Heavy Red Command" Steel Guards Command Squad (45)
1st Section: "Red Tornado" Steel Guards Assault Squad (35)
2nd Section: "Silent Death" Steel Guards Sniper Squad (30)
3rd Section: KV47-E Aero "Nikita" (45)
4th Section: KV-3 M "Babushka" (50)
Support: MIL MI-47B "Burner" (50)
Support: MIL MI-45 Airborne Transport (40)
Support: KV47-G "Mikhail" (30)

Over kill …maybe … :-) … looking forward to testing these guys out

image 

imageAlso last weekend at Battlecry I purchased the expansion map for Ticket to Ride Africa. Tonight I got it out and played it for the first time with my wife. Surprise Surprise, she kicked my butt, almost doubled my score. The board is high quality like the rest of the Ticket to Ride boards, and it brings a new twist to the game with terrain cards that double your scoring points. The place names do a bit of a number on your brain the first time, but I think after a few more games that wont be an issue.

A nice expansion for a great game, and a good game to unwind with that doesn't need alot of brain power to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment