18 September 2021

Hobby room upgrade part three

Saturdays project was to build the fume extraction box for my resin printer, along with it being light tight since my hobby room gets a lot of direct sunlight. I had to adjust my plans slightly when I found I didn't have large enough drill bits for the 40mm fan intakes and being in total lockdown thanks to COVID, acquiring one would take weeks. Other than that no major issues during the build. It was my first time mounting doors and using hinges so a bit of Youtube watching before I did that.
 
At 1m by 600mm by 570mm deep, it's not small and made from 18mm plywood. Its solid for sure, and should also reduce the runinng noise of the printer a lot.
Top side hole is for 2x 40mm intake fans to pull air into the cabinet with an interior hood to deflect the air downwards which I've already printed. 
Then at the back, there is a hole for the power supply which I'll make up a cover for. Then the bottom central 120mm extraction fan. Which I'm going to hook up to a variable voltage/speed controller so I can reduce the speed, air flow and noise.
I've also put holes in for magnets to help keep the doors closed.

A fun project for sure, now onto the task of design and printing the intake and extraction fan holders, along with vent covers and the extraction tube connector. 

Oh, and a switch box to hose the switches I'll wire up to control the intake fans and LEDs I'll be putting into the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment