15 September 2021

Smaug print

 So I've now completed the Smaug print and and it's cost me $50.81 in resin. Which is just awesome, if you consider you need to pay $650 NZ dollars to by the Games Workshop version.

Now I just have to sand down the joints a little as they are a bit tight before assembling and painting.

I also spent some time and worked out the costs so far and put everything into a spreadsheet.
At this point having printed 68 miniatures, that's counting Smaug as one, and a little hovercraft for BattleTech which is tiny as one. Just keeping it simple, so  I'm at $33.03 per model, after two and half bottles of resin. I should half that by the time I get through my next two bottle which are included in that price.

Safe to say its not going to take long to justify the costs... not that I have to, but tis good to keep track of costs and see what the models I'm making are actually costing. The running costs are definitely more expensive than filament printing, but the results are just awesome.

I've just cleaned the vat again after printing Smaug's and his huge bases, along with 30 plus models, and its holding up really well now that I have the exposure time correct for the resin. 

These two cyberpunks are off my last print, the quality is awesome, and I'm sure I can actually get it better with more time and tweaking the settings..







No comments:

Post a Comment